Our expert team of scientists and technicians work in a state-of-the-art facility and balance work in research and development, which integrates seamlessly with the PC-TRiADD microarray facility, functional genomics and pathology service, as well as the clinical trials unit, to realize a comprehensive and focused translational research centre.
- Drug target identification and characterization
- Computational drug discovery (virtual screening, combinatorial library construction, structure-activity modeling)
- Computer-aided hit-to-lead optimization (ADME and Toxicity prediction, bioavailability and selectivity optimization)
- Rapid and comprehensive evaluation of novel small molecules and biologics in preclinical model systems including:
- Cytotoxicity assays
- Clonogenic assays
- Biomarker assays (established or novel)
- Drug-target and off-target interaction assays
- Drug-drug interactions
- In Vitro and In Vivo tumour cell lines
- GC and LC-MS assays for a variety of chemistries in biological matrices for GLP studies
- Biomarker assay development
- Single agent studies and combination studies
- Pharmacodynamic and biomarker analysis of novel drugs in human clinical trials
The Living Tumor Laboratory
The Living Tumor Lab is a unique and valuable resource, which grows a wide variety of patient-derived cancer tissues, including both low and high-grade solid cancers.
This work enables researchers to readily study human cancer tissue in vivo and develop a variety of transplantable tumour tissue lines that can be used as models for studying cancer growth/progression/metastasis and drug sensitivity.